Sunday, June 15, 2008

Praises to God



Praises be to the Lord God Almighty
The Maker of heaven and earth
I rejoice in Your Presence, God
For you have called me out from the pit of despair

You have hidden me beneath your wings
You have covered me in the palm of your hands

When the winds blew and the seas raged
You were there with me
Holding me tightly in your arms
Never letting me go

Lord I now know
The emptiness that I feel inside me
It's because of the lack of your presence
It's because I've lost the clarity I once had
It's because I've set my eyes away from the vision you once gave me

Right now Lord
I just want to look to you again
I want to set my eyes on you
I want to train my thoughts on the things of the Spirit
I want to dwell in your presence

I will run to you, Lord
I will make you my rock and my hiding place
I will drink from the quiet pools of water and be refreshed
I will lie down on green pastures and allow my soul to be restored
I will follow you down the paths of righteousness

Great is your mercy, Lord
Great is your love for me
I will now rise up in response your calling, Lord
I will allow myself to be changed by you

I know that you can use me
I know that you want to use me

All the reasons for thinking otherwise, Lord
I now bind and cast them out in the name of Jesus
All my common sense and need for control
Burn them all away by the cleansing fire of Your Spirit
All my pride and arrogance
Break them down and crush them to pieces

All the limitations I set in my mind
I allow the flood waters of your promises to wash them away
All the smallness of my thoughts
I allow your Word to blow them wide open

Lord, I believe that you want to heal me
Lord, I believe that you can heal me
So Lord, I open up the flood gates
And allow the rushing waters of your Spirit to fill me
Lord, I open up my heart to you now
And allow the passion for your House to consume me

Lord, here I am
Ready to step out in faith into your promises
Here I am
Ready to respond to the grace you've shown through your Son
Here I am
Ready to pour out my life to the One who gave it all
Here I am
Ready to follow the leading of your Spirit

Lord, lead me to places I've never been to
Open up doorways to opportunities I've never dreamed possible

So let it be, Lord
So let it be...

--

No comments: