Sunday, June 15, 2008

Footprints in the Desert



For the cause of Christ I will stand

For the One who gave it all
For the One who loved me
For the One who bore my infirmities

For the One who gave me comfort
For the One who gave me hope
For the One who gave me reason to live

I can hear God calling me in my loneliness
I can feel Him drawing me close to Himself
I can feel that He wants to lead me somewhere beyond my wildest imaginations

I pray silently in my heart,
Lord, I want to change the world
Lord, I want to change the way things are
Lord, I want to change the hearts of men
Give me the strength, Lord

Lord, I want to be filled with you every single moment of my life
In the lonely moments in my life, You call me
Lord, I want to respond to that calling
I want to be attentive to Your voice
I want to be present to Your Spirit's nudging

I look to the past, and I see lost opportunities
I see opportunities which I could have explored but did not
I see things that I could have done but did not
I see relationships that I could have planted but did not
I see journeys that I could have taken but did not

Yet, I feel God calling me to a new beginning
A beginning of greater things ahead
A journey led by hope for a better tomorrow
A journey taken in faith of the things that I do not see

I do not want to miss out on any more opportunities that lay before me
I do not want to regret not taking my chances

I want to take that step of faith
I want to look forward to the brighter future ahead of me
I want to be present to what the Creator is doing in my life
I want to follow His leading

I want to step forth

Challenge me, God
I want to do things that I have never dreamed of doing
I want to go to places that I have never thought possible
I want to rise up and take my place on this earth

Guide me, Lord

--

Note: Picture taken from http://lorddrako.deviantart.com/art/First-Step-22151979

--

No comments: