Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Lonely Journey



I feel so alone on this journey
I want to fly but my wings have not fully grown
I want to run but I have not learned how to walk
I want to dance but I have not learned the moves
I want to sing but I have not learned the song
I want to lead but I have not learned to serve
I want friends but I have not learned to be friends to others

Perhaps things will be better
I know they will
After all, God has not given up on me
He never will
He thought I was worth the trouble
He gave His Son to die for my sins
He cares so much for me
He sent His Spirit to guide me on this journey

But I have no idea where to go from here
I have visions for the future
But they seem so improbable
I have so many ideas
So many thoughts
I simply do not know which to follow

Perhaps I should get more involved in church
Or perhaps cell group activities
Perhaps I should serve more in ministry
Or perhaps reach out to people more
Then, perhaps I can have some idea where I am headed

O Lord, which way shall I go?
Where are you leading me now?

1 comment:

God never fails said...

Brian,
I believe you are lonely and lost without fellowship.All the more so now when you are in a new country and in a new course.Remember the time when you first arrived in Shah Alam before you join CA? And what happened after you had a strong fellowship? Likewise now you need to join a Christian fellowship in campus and also join a church. Get involved in their activities, reach out for fellowship and be faithful in your walk with Jesus.All of us needs encouragement and also the time will come when we will be the one to encourage others.
I will pray for you, Brian that you will find a group of brothers and sisters who can support and encourage you. Likewise you will have to make the effort and time to go to Christian fellowships and church, ok?
God Bless you.