Saturday, May 24, 2008

Life's Hurdles



Sometimes I question myself
Why am I smart? What's the point of it?
If I could, I'd probably exchange it for more social skills
Having more courage to speak up and approach others
Not getting caught up in reticence and introversion

The problems I am facing
The trials I am being put through
The hurdles along the way
I know they are intended for me to grow spiritually
But at the same time, it's really taxing

I know it takes time
Yet I don't feel that I'm making progress
It's not that I'm not trying
I already am

I'm giving it all I've got
Yet I don't feel I'm doing enough
I really want to serve God

I'm already attending church
Participating in Christian fellowships
Yet, I feel that something still missing

But what if it's really not enough
Then I guess I'd need to do more
I need to try harder

I want to step out in faith
In courage I want to soar
Yet, I feel as if this is just one insurmountable barrier for me

People might say, "Trust in the LORD. He will give you courage."
But somehow, I just don't see it.

"But it's not about whether you can see it. God will surely direct your path if you trust Him."

Yes, I suppose so but...

--

4 comments:

orange said...

hey brian..
there is always a purpose behind everything..
take a break, a break from trying too hard.. maybe the thing that you are missing will soon appear?? even if not, no harm taking a break before trying harder?? take care there.. =)

God never fails said...

Dear Brian,
I am sure God hears your cries of loneliness and frustrations. Be very sure He felt every tear you drop. Trust in His goodness and faithfulness. Rest in all that you know He is.
Remember God says,'Be still and know tat I AM THE LORD' and it is not easy to learn to be still, right?
As a child of God,a part of us will feel empty unless we permit God to fill us with His presence,peace and joy.This loneliness is not an absence of friends nor activities but the absence of God's Presence in our life.Remember God's goodness in your life and draw on your personal experiences of Him, praise Him over and over again even if you don't feel like it(times like this I always sing songs of praises cos it is easier than to struggle to pray) and ask Him to feel you with His joy and peace.Don't let your past failures or feelings of dejections stand in the way between you and God.Ask Him to touch you anew and you will find that He is faithful and you will experience His love once again.God's steadfast love is new every morning and He will never, never forsake you. The question we need to ask is did we forget to get in touch with Him?

Brian Chee said...

Hey thanks for the encouragement. Yea, I think what I need to do is to dwell in the presence of God again and be refreshed in the streams of life that flow from Him. I'm feeling better now I think, just that kinda busy preparing for my exams. But He'll see me through. =)

By the way, may I know who are you, please? Haha. Paiseh la not knowing who you are after you've given me so much encouraging words. Thanks!

God never fails said...

I am glad to know you are feeling better now but remember our relationship with God should never be based on our feelings.Just because we did not turn on the switch to on the light bulb doesn't mean there is no electricity, likewise just because we feel 'low'it doesn't mean God has deserted us.
I am one who shares the same faith in God as you do and also one who loves Jesus.Praise The Lord for His Love unto us.
Will keep you in my prayers.God has great plans for you. Your turn will come when He will use you to encourage others who are in need of encouragement.
God bless you, Brian.