Monday, June 8, 2009

Everywhere

'Cause you're everywhere to me 

And when I close my eyes it's you I see 

You're everything I know 

that makes me believe 

I'm not alone 

'Cause you're everywhere to me 

And when I catch my breath 

it's you I breathe 

You're everything I know 

that makes me believe 

I'm not alone


This song by Michelle Branch is one of the songs that I really enjoy listening to, especially this part in the chorus. 


I think it's funny how humans enjoy writing songs about love, relationships, romance. Maybe it's just part of our nature to want to love and to want to be loved, to desire relationships, to share life with another being apart from ourselves.


Most people, when allowed to choose what was most dear to them, would almost inevitably choosing a person that they truly care about, another human whom they have journeyed with or crossed paths with.


We know that deep within the core of our beings, within our inmost thoughts and heartfelt desires, we want to love another person and to be loved in return. We place our priorities (hopefully) on relationships, human beings, people (at least that we care about) over our finances, our careers, our successes, etc. When we are placed among people we truly love, we would give up other things to be with them.


And it's funny that no matter how "hopeless" or dreadful things can become, there is always one part of us that wants to believe for something better in the future. There is always one part of our soul that insists that things can't be over, that there must be more to it!


And sometimes, all it takes is just one person to stir up hope and faith and love within us. Sometimes, it just takes one relationship with another human being that we truly care about to bring out the best in us, to push us on to dare to believe, to believe that we are not alone, but there is always someone beside us, cheering us on and walking hand in hand with us to a brighter future that is ahead of us.



No comments: