Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Through the Eyes of a Child

A cold breezy day it was
What a touch of delight
To lay down in the grass
To gaze into the bright blue sky

What a good way it was
To forget about my worries
Oh, just for this small moment in time
To have some quiet rest

A white fluffy cloud rolled by
Oh, how wonderful it was
I gazed intently at the formless mass
To see it slowly taking form and shape

Two little kids I saw
Lying down on what seemed like grass
Gazing into the skies beyond
Just as I was that restful day

What a peaceful scene, I thought
So transient, yet so gripping
Imaginary perhaps, yet it was so vivid
So subtle, yet so touching

I smiled gently as I pondered
What joy the two little kids must have
Relishing in the tranquility
Unfazed by the worries of the world

On comes another cloud
Formless, but slowly taking shape
Out comes a dinosaur
What a frightening sight

I watched in hushed anticipation
As the monster moved towards the kids
Closer and closer it came
Eager to gobble them up

The scene would soon shift
The tranquilness of the moment would be gone
Swallowed up by the giant beast
But suddenly, a miracle came!

A gust of wind rolled by
Strong and mighty it was
Like an invisible hand it swept away the beast
Oh, the children were saved!

Marvelous it was the turn of events
I beheld again the familiar scene
Of two little kids lying on the grass
Gazing calmly to the skies beyond

Oh, what a waste of time I thought
Acting so childishly for my age
Fabricating images, picturing scenes
Staring aimlessly at the clouds

Yes, at work I should be
On my essays and assignments
And lectures and tutorials
And the pre-readings and the tests

Oh, there was so much to do
How ever would I get these done
Oh, there's so much to think about
What a headache it truly was

Shaking my head, all too much to bear
I looked up again to the skies
Smiling again as I thought to myself
Perhaps kids and dinosaurs aren't so bad

How great it was to behold the skies
Through the eyes of a little child
After all, it is only through a child's eyes
That I finally see the glory of the Creator.

No comments: