Saturday, December 29, 2007

Chapter 3: Taiping - The Town of Great Peace

5 December 2007

My exploration around Taiping begins with the descent from the bus in Kamunting station. I was looking around for my friend but it was him who first spotted me and called out to me. Jeremy and I then loaded my luggages into his car and he took me around Taiping city for a drive.

My old pal, Jeremy

The first thing I had in Taiping - Cendol

The streets of Taiping

Well, after going to have a bowl of Cendol, we went back to Jeremy's house to unload my luggages. We had a little rest before going out for dinner. Taiping is a lot different compared to Penang as there isn't much night life there. Unlike Penang, Taiping is peaceful and quiet and the roads are not as congested too.

Here's where we had our dinner:

Lake Garden Restaurant

I had some prawn mee

and some 'loh bak'

After dinner, we went back home and played a few rounds of DOTA. Haha. Haven't played that game for a long, long time already. Then, we retired to bed.

6 December 2007

Our day started at 10.00 a.m. today. After breakfast as usual, we went out for a hike at Bukit Larut. Before reaching there, we stopped by the War Cemetery.


Finally, we've reached the foot of Bukit Larut (Maxwell Hill) and we can begin our hike...


Here're some photos during our hike:


We came across this forlorn little house




This is a really huge tree...

I haven't been hiking for a long time already so the hike was pretty exhausting for me. But to Jeremy, it was like nothing. We only hiked up to the first station.


After some rest, we began our descent from the hill.


We came across this small little stream on our way down.


As we were descending from the hill, it began to rain...so luckily, we didn't decide to climb all the way to the top.


After reaching the foot of the hill again, we were picked up by Jeremy's mom. We went back home, had some rest. We were supposed to go to the Taiping Museum but it rained, so we slept till around 7.30 p.m. We had dinner at home, a nice home cooked meal...


As it was quite late already, we decided to just go visit TESCO. =P

The rainy streets of Taiping

TESCO Taiping!

Malay version of the 'Chicken Soup' series? Lol...


Not a very eventful day, but still kinda fun exploring life at Taiping. So far, not many happenings yet but tomorrow is really filled with exploration as we meet up with 2 other friends.

That's all for now...until next time...

Cheers!

BRIAN CHEE

No comments: