Monday, December 17, 2007

Chapter 1: Genting - The City of Entertainment

Well, the Genting trip was not the official start of my Cuti-cuti Malaysia. But since it's part of my holidays anyway, I've decided to include it anyway. Altogether, there were 9 of us on the trip.

The start of the Genting trip was torturous. This is because the night before that was the AUSMAT Grand Dinner. I arrived at Cemara at around 1.00 a.m. After sorting through my stuff and deciding what to bring to Genting, I finally slept close to 3.00 a.m. Then, the fun part...my trip mates told me to meet at the Guard House at 6.30 a.m. I woke up at 6.15 a.m. (and that's only thanks to a call from a friend). Yea, so had to beat the clock to make it in time. Well, finally I was late by about 5 minutes.

We took a taxi to the KTM Station. We took the almost 40-minute ride to KL Sentral, where we bought breakfast at McD. Then we rushed to catch the 8.00 a.m. bus departing for Genting. But, the driver told us that we cannot bring food on the bus, so we had to deposit our newly bought breakfast into the luggage compartment. Outrageous! Luckily, I brought a pack of Twisties along, so alas perut a bit la.

When we got arrived at the Genting bus station at around 9.00 a.m., we found out that our coffee had spilled. What a waste, thanks to the inconsiderate bus driver. We took a cable car to the peak. Ya, the typical thing la. Nothing much happened. We went to the receptionist at the First World Hotel to check in. But then, we were only able to check in after 11.30 a.m. Haih, apparently, they wanted to make way for those with privileges to check-in first.

But then, as we waited, we bought tickets for the theme parks, both outdoor and indoor. After finally checking in, we deposited out bags in our room (Ya, one room only). At around 12.30 p.m. we finally went to the theme park.

Well, you know la. We had fun lo. Those things that you'd do at the theme park la. Haha. We played at the Tea-cup, Corkscrew, Fun Kart, Bumper Boats among others. We then had lunch at Kenny Rogers. Everything else seemed so, so expensive. Haih. So, wel finally decided to have fast food. For the drinks le, they had this four seasons thingy. I ordered "Spring", which turned out to be nothing more than those orange flavored soft drinks with an ice-cream on top. Talk about fancy names!

Well, after lunch we decided to continue playing something more subtle. KS, Jia Ji, Chee Keong and I decided to play the Wagon thingy. Haih...it was super slow. It moved like a tortoise even after we stepped fully on the accelerator. Then, we went for the boat ride. Cheek and I were on the same boat while KS and Jia Ji were on another. Hehe. Cheek and I ambushed both of them and rammed them from behind. Muahaha...they didn't suspect a thing.

Then, all 9 of us regrouped and we went to the indoor theme park, where we played on the Bumper Cars. Then, we went for the Motion Master. As we were about to enter, Shin Hoon pointed out something to me - my crucifix was gone! =( SO sad...we tried to search for it, but finally conceded that it was as good as gone. Oh well, what to do...these things happen. That didn't spoil our fun, though. We went for the motion master. We sat at the back seats. Everyone at the front seat were shouting or screaming but then we didn't find anything that warrants such reactions. Hmm...maybe there were more effects that are experienced by the people sitting in front.

After that, we went strolling a while outside, enjoying the foggy surroundings around us. Then, we had dinner - fast food again. Haih...this time I had KFC.

Then, some of us, including me, went back to the room to have a short rest. I was ready to call it a day but Jia Ji rang me up and asked me to watch "Hitman", to which I agreed. The movie started at 11.00 p.m. and we made it just in time. In a word, the movie was awesome. I wouldn't mind watching it again (which I did, btw, in the later part of my Cuti-cuti Malaysia).

We made it back to the hotel room close to 1.00 a.m. Some called it a day while some of us decided to continue to play cards, including myself. At first we played "cho dai di". After getting bored with it, we played "Bluff".

*Note: In this game, each player is dealt equal number of cards. Then, each player takes turns to discard a card from their hand face down and says a number. They can be either telling the truth or bluffing. So, the discarded cards will accumulate. If, at any time a player (say A) suspects another player (say B) of bluffing, A can open the card that B has just discarded. If B is telling the truth, then A would have to take the whole pile of accumulated cards, while if B is bluffing, then B would have to take it. The winner is the first player to finish discarding all the cards in his/her hand.

So, it was pretty interesting la...Haha. A game of deception. There was this funny time when Zen Yang (sorry ya, ang..haha..use you as example) wanted to bluff an "8" and he discarded a Queen but he accidentally put it face up. So...tahu lah what happened. Lol. We played until around 5.00 a.m. in the morning. I only won the last round. Seems like I'm not a good bluffer.

I slept till 9.30 a.m. After preparing ourselves, we had breakfast - fast food again! Haih...what to do...I had KFC...again. After that, we checked out and began our descent to the bus station. Jack and Pow Ying took the 1.00 p.m. bus to Muar. Tsk tsk tsk...hehe. The rest of us took the 2.00 p.m. (around that la I think, forgot the exact time) back to KL Sentral. Then, we took KTM back to Shah Alam and finally a taxi back to our hostel.

Well, Genting Trip was interesting. I haven't been to Genting for quite some time already. However, this is only the beginning of my real journey. Upon reaching my room, I finished packing my stuff for departure to Penang to following day.

Now then, some photos...


The tea cup of doom! Makes you pening!



Queuing up for the Fun Kart.



Jack and his beloved girl friend



The Bumper Boats



The so-called "Four Seasons" (Tipu people one!)



On the "Tortoise" Wagon



JJ and KS on the Boat Ride



Literally, staring at the Sun



Posing with the Animals



On the Motion Master - Agent Brian =P



Playing with "che ling"



The foggy surroundings



Posing for fun =P



Witnessing a magic show



The group photo before our descent



On the cable cars


Well, that's all for my Genting Trip. On to the next Chapter then. =)

Cheers,

BRIAN CHEE NEE HOU

1 comment:

Calvin Lim said...

haha, finally brian starts to update a blogspot!

cool post, keep it up!